Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Baking Weather

I got two new bundt pans for my birthday. This one is my favorite. The kids get a charge out of it too...thank Mom & Dad! :) I also got some muffin tins and a cake tester. It is August so I didn't think I would get to use them for a while because of the heat, but alas, cool weather is here and cool weather is baking weather!

I started my bake-athon on Saturday with this. I used the castle pan and it turned out so nicely. The pan was great and I didn't have to scrub at it...it was that non-stick. After the Zucchini bread cooled, Sophia and I baked Blueberry Muffins. She enjoyed sprinkling coarse sugar on the tops of them before we put them in the oven. I think she liked eating the sugar even more. ;)

Then yesterday, I decided to make a mongo batch of this. It has a lot of bananas in it (for health, right? :)) so it is a very dense bread. My new cake tester came out clean, but my loafies weren't quite set in the middle, so I decided to slice the bread and lay the slices on cookie sheets and bake them until each piece was set. It worked pretty well.

Mmmm, I love the smell of something sweet in the oven! :)

No comments: