Friday, January 9, 2009

Before I forget...

I always forget to write down the things the kids say, so her are a few Noah-isms of late:

Treadmilk (tread mill)

"Someday, when I grow up I'm going to drive a big grader".

His favorite song right now is "How Did Moses Cross the Red Sea". When I put him to bed at night, he sings it for me:

How did Moses cross the red seek,
How did Moses cross the red seek,

He doesnt' sing melodiously, so if you say it aloud with an emphasis on the "k" at the end of seek, that's how he does it, it's funny.

Elijah has been coming up with lots of funny saying too, but, *wink*, I can't remember what they are. I hate it when that happens. His newest thing is every day after his nap he says, "Mommy, didn't I take such a good nap!?" I'm so glad I'm having another sleepy boy. :)

The other week when Graeme was off work and Scott was working mega-overtime, we took the kids and Abbi took her kids to the local farmer's market, after which the girls and boys split up. Graeme took the boys home for a nap, and the girls went shopping. Isn't that an interesting little math equation:

boys + sleeping = girls + shopping

Anyhowser, Joey and Elijah took a nap together on the top bunk and one woke to go potty, but then they both went back to sleep. I thought that it was cute that they would actually sleep together on the same bed.

Today is my day off and I am off to hopefully score some house decor deals. The last two weeks I have spent in the teens and twenties/thirties on food for our family to save up for this day. Yee-haw!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anyhowser? LOL

Thanks for sharing the news that it's a boy.