Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cooking like a crazy woman

I am cooking and baking like a crazy woman. Not necessarily because I have to, but simply because in the third trimester, food becomes the central focus of my life. I am a food lover to begin with, but there's something about the last weeks of pregnancy that make me oh so hungry!

With every baby, I have cooked "freezer food" to give me a break from cooking once the baby comes. Here are the things I have made so far to fill our hungry freezer. :)

Baked Ziti
Turkey Barbeque - I found a really good recipe for this from tasteofhome.com
Cranberry Chicken
Chicken Spaghetti
Macaroni and Cheese
Ham, Cheese, and Broccoli casserole
Fish Parmesan
Carrot Cake - I had some oooolllldddd carrots that needed to be used up. :)

I have some other things on my list as well. We'll see if I get to these:

Smokey Beans
Haluske (Slovak cabbage and noodles, with bacon of course)
Slovak Soup
Meatballs
Beef Stroganoff
Tortellini Soup
Salmon Cakes
Dijon Salmon (Salmon is Graeme's fav. food)

Twice Baked Potatoes
Bread, cornbread, etc.
Mashed Potatoes

Blueberry Muffins
Zucchini bread
Cheesecake
Crunchies (Scottish cookie recipe from Graeme's grandma)
Waffles or pancakes
Raisin Bran muffins
Shortbread brownies

The above is more of a wish list and I'm sure I won't do all of them and will switch things around. What I have been doing is cooking extra of what we are having for dinner and planning it that way, which is easy. I am always so glad I go to the trouble of this before the baby is born when I am postpartum and tired.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

That is a very good idea. Noah's verse was so cute and your house looks gorgeous just like your sisters!!