Sunday, November 16, 2008

Blindspots

The thought occured to me the other day...blind spots are just as they sound. Blind. Spots. Things we cannot see. It is true that others can see our blind spots and we cannot. It is also true that we can see others' blindspots and they can't see them.

I find it easy to notice faults in others, but I was thinking that just because I see or perceive a fault in someone doesn't mean that they are even aware of it. Likewise, and here's where it gets scary, others see my faults and I have no idea about what those faults are.

It would be wise for me to use more grace and less criticism.

For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. Luke 6:38b

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So true!

I've had similar thoughts frequently. "What do they see in me that is wrong?"