Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Noah at 16 Months

I know this isn't the proper "rhyme pattern" of a real poem, but it's the best I can do. So here is ode to my little boy...

Your shoes are getting small again, your growing out of size six,
Your getting bigger, stronger, and doing lots of tricks,
You grab the toilet scrubber, you wrestle with your brother,
You tackle him to the floor, and climb upon each other.

You're learning lots of new words, and talk so very well, ,
"Car", "Daddy", "Mommy", "Doll", "Thank you" and "Amen",
"Ball", "please", "Elijah", just to name a few of them.

How many times we've found your hands and fingers in the potty,
Some folks may say you're a stinker, or a little naughty,
You're curious, inquisitive, mischievious at best,
You smile a silly and sweet smile, as the boundaries you test.

Your head is no longer against mine when we rock before bed,
You push away and turn around and sit next to me instead.
You've learned how to turn your glow worm on...and turn it off too!
I often find the battery pack in bed next to you.

I'm putting away the baby clothes and replacing them with the "T's"
No more sleepers and you almost can't fit your 24 month onsies!
How tall you are, how amazingly long are your arms!
Your legs are sprouting too, I wonder how tall you will become.
I hope a towering great big man, leaning down to hug your Mum.
But I don't want to think about that now, I want to snuggle my boy,
But alas, you wriggle off my lap to get a "brm, brm" toy.

My prayer for you is that you will, like Noah of old,
Obey God and have faith in him, and be a witness, strong and bold.
A great man, who loves God and believes in what He says,
Follows him and leads others, studies His Word and prays.

I love you lots and lots,
and miss you when we're apart,
You'll always have a very special place in your Momma's heart.

I love you buddy!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

It's beautiful! It is full of love, which is better than a poem full of rhyme and rhythym any day. :)

Dear Abbi said...

Waaahh! I love it! And I love the little chap that it was written about!

Great job!