Friday, August 22, 2008

Baby Shower

Last week was baby shower time again! My good friend Alison and her hubs welcomed daughter #3 in June and we just had to celebrate her!


As I planned sweet baby Sarah's baby shower I mused that I don't think I can remember how many baby/bridal showers I have helped to plan even in the last almost 8 years since I have been married. Showers are so much fun! I remember my bridal shower, my first shower, and looking at all the beautiful gifts that I received and feeling so loved by our church family, friends, and family. It was such a wonderful day! Babies are an especially important time to celebrate. They are each such a blessing from the Lord and what better time to encourage a girlfriend but when they are exhausted from being up all night with a baby!? So, in the words of Jane Austen's Emma, "let's throw a party for her!"

Sarah, the princess! Isn't she purty?



Let them eat cake!


Welcome baby water bottles. I saw this idea on another blog. It's cute and easy. No cleanup, can I hear an amen?



Sarah insisted on having a friend to her party. Alyssa had a party too just a few months ago, but I didn't take many pictures. Perhaps I'll dig up some photos of that to share. Those big blues smite me every time I look at this cutie pie!



The favors were pink nailpolishes from an exciting CVS shopping spree!

I'm sure my sister has better pictures from this day, but I thought I'd share the few that I have. Welcome to the world baby Sarah!

No comments: