Friday, August 22, 2008

The Powder Room

This room has been through about 5 coats of paint since we moved in. I *thought* red would be a good idea. I love me some red, but after three coats of red paint and still having hot pink walls, I threw in the towel. I think there were two problems. 1. I should have had tinted primer. I asked the sales clerk at the hardware store about this and he assured me that I wouldn't need it. Oh well. 2. The color was a bit too candy reddy-ish. Just too pink, even with the fourteen thousand coats it would have taken to get the true to paint chip color.

Back to the paint picking drawing board. I can't tell you how many times I have been there these last several months. I chose a dark greenish brownish. I think it was called moss something or other. It's actually two shades darker than our living room/dining room.

This is the only before picture I have of the room. I should have taken a picture of it during it's crimson threw up pinkish red during the color crisis of 2008, but it just hurt my eyes too much to do that.

After many months of stalled decorating, I think she's finally done.

The only thing that I think I need is something for the bottom shelf of the cabinet above the toilet. When I bought the little picture frames I thought there were only three shelves. Wouldn't a little birds nest with three eggs be cute on that shelf? One to represent each of my little chicks? That's for another time as I am calling it done in this room for now. Yay, yay, and hooray!

No comments: