Monday, August 18, 2008

What I did with $10

I am jumping on the "it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful bandwagon" and posting my first attempt at curtain mistreatments! Be sure to head over to the Nesting Place for more exciting curtainage!


These are mistreatments in our master bath. I got two valances at Ross for $3.99 and two of the white "u" rods (not sure what they are called exactly) from Wally World for $.99 each. Then I got my safety pins and folded and pinned until I liked the way it looked.

The decor is not finished. The picture needs to be hung higher, the spikey greenery potted thingy needs to be bigger so that will need to be changed, but you get the idea.


Do you see a pin?
More of pins...


Hopefully I'll be able to put pictures of the powder room up later today. There's no window in there, but I hit great clearance at Jo-Ann for decor!

9 comments:

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Your fabric choice looks so nice with your paint color. Great job!

~ Sarah

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

nice job...Wallie World has curtain hanger things for .99 cents. I must go and get a few and use them in some mistreatments with safety pins. LOL

ByHISgoodGrace said...

I love the brown, it looks great!
Nice bathtub too, I'm jealous! Um, I mean happy for you. heee heee

Anonymous said...

You so worked that 10.00 dollars!!! Looks wonderful!

kristi_temple said...

My bathroom has a corner like that where the bathtub is. Except, you have 2 windows and I have 2 mirrors with frosted lines painted on them to make them look like windows. I wish they were glass block. Oh well, maybe I'll do faux treatments for my faux windows.

Melissa said...

Beautiful, perfect fabric for the room! Is that by chance Tobacco Road on the wall?

Darlene said...

I love your fabric and those are some great mistreatments!! Good job on them and your bathroom looks lovely!

Bonita said...

Really cute!

Stevie said...

Very cute!! Great job